‘Fifty per cent of the girls in this country would kill to be on Page 3’ – The Tab meets Chelsea Ferguson

Meet Chelsea Ferguson, the social media stripper and ex-student who claims she’s learnt more from stripping than she did at uni

Chelsea Ferguson, the notorious glamour model-cum-stripper, is no stranger to baring all for an online audience.

She shot to fame after posting a few topless pics on Twitter –  and now she shares her saucy snaps with 540k loyal fans.

The 24-year-old social media celeb even shares her snapchat stories – which leave very little to the imagination – with more than a million people. 

Chelsea regularly posts raunchy selfies of herself on Twitter

But getting naked hasn’t always been the aim – Chelsea used to prefer studying to stripping. Once a student at Sheffield Hallam, Chelsea studied Performing Arts before quitting to strip full time.

“I used to be at uni then I started dancing, and I quit because I was making so much money”

And she claims it can be addictive, even for students, who can earn up to a grand for stripping.

Normally in photo shoots she’s wearing fewer clothes.

“Loads of strippers earn over £500 per night, and the best ones over £1000, it’s easy to understand why many skint students do it.

“But many girls get sucked in to it, if they make £500 in one night then they’ll be like, ‘ahh I don’t want to have tomorrow off because I want to make another £500’.

“So it’s hard to tear yourself away from it.  That’s why a lot of them even when they’ve got their full time jobs, teachers and everything go back to stripping.

“It’s a great job for students.  You make a lot of money.  You get to pick which days you work.  And you work nights, so you don’t have to miss any uni during the day”.

According to Chelsea getting naked for money is the opposite of exploitation. Glamour modelling might have a bad rep, especially among students, but Chelsea thinks it’s some girls’ only hope at making a living.

“It’s idiotic when people criticise glamour modelling.  They don’t understand that it’s someone’s living.

“The girls who do it aren’t being exploited, they’ve never wanted to do anything else, and they’ve only ever wanted to do glamour modelling.  Most of them are thick as shit anyway.

“It’s not like they’ve got anything else going on for them.  It’s a good job they’re pretty because otherwise they wouldn’t have anything to do.”

The No More Page 3 campaign

Page 3 bans have been sweeping the nation’s universities, but Chelsea reckons half of the girls in the country would star on the notorious Page 3 if they could.

“Fifty percent of the girls in this country would kill to be on Page 3.  I can’t do it because I’ve got fake tits – you’ve got to have real ones.

“Every week there are girls who model in magazines who don’t get paid.  They just do it because they want to be in a magazine.  The Page 3 girls get paid a lot of money and get sent on free holidays.  They absolutely love it.  Page 3 is the best you can do in glamour modelling.”

The social media star’s Twitter page

And she might be prolific on the internet, but Chelsea says her fame extends to the real world too.

“I also get recognised quite a lot now.  Even when I was just outside, I had someone come up to me and ask for a photo.

“It’s annoying as it’s embarrassing if someone does it when I’m with my family.  Or some people have even done it when I’m physically eating.”

Chelsea even likens herself to Beckham when travelling the world.

“When I changed my Snapchat username from ChelseaFergo to SedgyFergo, it caused quite a lot of confusion in Ireland.

“As they don’t have Twitter, people come up to me calling ‘Sedgy, Sedgy’.  They also don’t really have celebrities in Ireland, when I go over there people think I’m like David Beckham”.

She’s done a lot of professional glamour modelling for magazines such as Nuts and Zoo

If you thought it was just seedy old men partial to a strip tease, you’re very wrong. It’s just bit of banter for most lads, says Chelsea.

“It’s not seedy at all.  Everyone thinks that it’s loads of creepy middle aged men, but I literally see one a night.  The rest are normal, just having a bit of banter or whatever”.

But Chelsea admits there is a darker side to stripping.

“There’s always a weirdo every so often who wants you to put your feet on his face or something, but that’s rare.  I’ve had men who wanted me to kick them and punch them in the balls, or ride them like a horse.

“Lots of men are into Femdom, they want to be abused, and me to shout ‘give me your fucking money you worthless piece of shit”.

Your esteemed author with Chelsea

No matter how the punters treat the strippers, however, Chelsea’s convinced that it’s the girls taking advantage of the men – not the other way round.

“Everyone thinks that we’re getting exploited, but we’re not, we’re exploiting the men who come.  We laugh behind the punters’ backs. We’re ripping them off.”

“It’s not true that the girls only talk to men to get their money.  If the men are good crack and I’m not that busy then we’ll often just have banter with them, even if they don’t want a dance.

“But if they’re boring we just say ‘are you having a dance or not?’ and if they say no then we leave”

“It’s also really fun.  I’ve met loads of interesting people. Everyone who comes in has a different job and experiences.  I’ve learnt more from stripping than I did at uni”.

Dealing with drooling onlookers might be part of her daily routine, but relationships aren’t easy for Chelsea. Her flings fall in love with her, and can’t cope with the other men eyeing her up.

“Being a stripper has harmed my love life.  I’ve had boyfriends since I’ve done it, but they never last.  At the beginning everyone wants to sleep with me and be seen out with me.

“But then the novelty wears off, and they fall in love with the real me, and ask me to stop stripping.  Then I have to end it.  I always put the business before any lad.

“I’m not going to stop that unless some millionaire who’s the love of my life asks me to marry him”

In great news for horny students everywhere, Chelsea says she actually uses social media for dating.

“I went on a Twitter date the other day.  I’m also on Tinder, but I never actually liked anyone.  I always swipe left”.

And last year there was even a story in the papers claiming she’d been intimate with Harry Styles. Whilst the rumours weren’t true, Chelse admits she added fuel to the fire for the sake of attention.

“It never happened unfortunately, but I did encourage the story.

“It was being tweeted that we were both in Perdu.  The papers just assumed that because I was a model and he was famous that we would be together.

“I encouraged the story though.  I fed a reporter a bullshit story.  I got loads of angry tweets from One Direction fans saying ‘Die Slut Die’”.

This article was originally published in The Tab Newcastle.