Milking: The new craze?

by on

Facebook Twitter

Jesmond is sending this viral

Jesmond students are makingĀ a valiant attempt at kickstarting a new viral sensation – “milking”.

The fun starts with buying your milk, the bigger the better, and proceeding to stand or even sit in a formal location followed by emptying the contents on your head from a height. Again, the higher the better.

The craze is very typical of this time of year with assignments looming and third years becoming increasingly immature with the realisation that graduation is on the horizon.

Nonchalant outside the Cherry Tree

900 views in a day is not bad going.

Even if you’re a simple fan of puns there are some good, albeit predictable ones as comments.

Facebook Twitter
  • James

Jesus f***ing Christ; a middle-class, white, male student craze of sheer senselessness and utter idiocy. Milk should be drunk and seen as a dairy product, not as a public shower for those trying to garner facebook likes and more twitter followers. What is the world coming to?

• thetab

Classic comment from a Warwick Uni nerd (

• Max Milking

Oxford Milking is udderly brilliant

• thetab

• Hugo

The world is coming to banter James pal

• Harry Hill

Pouring milk is pussy. It's all about throwing SAUSAGES all over yourself!

• Pingback: Oxbridge types are smug, but not as bad as the bitter rejects who mimic Brideshead at St Andrews and Durham – Telegraph Blogs()

• Pingback: Best of The Tab | The Tab Journalism()

• Jonathon

The operation made her depressed, and she could not attend classes. If it was so bad then she should have dropped out for at least a year as it went on so long. They have not revealed The University has a policy which they have to uphold regardless of her situation, which is that she needed a doctor’s note during the submission. This is how the university ensures people don’t complain after they have been lazy afterwards. It would have helped her to know the rules of the university. She says no one noticed when she stopped attending lectures. It is not the fault of the university, she could have easily reached out for help when she stopped attending lectures.What about her family and friends? I know this girl personally and she was going out clubbing during these assignments and while she was sad, she clearly had time for alternative entertainment. It’s obvious she is trying to get grades after being lazy and not attending class.

• George Potter

Bullshit. The fact that you say “she could have easily reached out for help” shows that you have absolutely no understanding of what it’s like to have depression. And for that you should be thankful because I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

• Kayleigh

Please remember the consequences of such a callous post on the student, if she is reading your comments. I’d suggest a trigger warning- calling somebody ‘lazy’ who has a diagnosed mental health condition is not only discrimination, but is illegal.

I’d encourage The Tab to remove this post, as it could have a detrimental effect on students suffering depression who read it.

The Tab is a network of 60 university news sites with thousands of student reporters

by on

Wasted second year breaks into own house because he forgot his keys

He climbed up to his second story room and smashed the window

by , Senior Tab reporter on

A guide to doing freshers’ properly by BNOC Raunaq Cavet

‘Newcastle is the home of the treble’

by , Tab reporter on

Freshers advice from the rugby team

Meet the lads hoping to smash Northumbria next week