Manchester is going to have a Pret on campus next year

It’s part of the £1 billion campus development

Hide Images

The university announced along with Brentwood that as part of its University Green development, a 40,000 square foot retail and leisure space across 12 developments situated on Oxford Road, that coffee houses Pret A Manger, Manchester based Takk and bookshop Blackwells have all signed to be part of the development.

University Green on Oxford Road will be in close proximity to research facilities and “cultural assets”.

The £50 million Oxford Road “regeneration project” also includes the extension by 350,000 square foot of the Alliance Manchester Business School and a 210 bed Crowne Plaza Hotel along with 116 room Staybridge Suites.

The project is based in an area named “Corrider Manchester”, which is described as “an Innovation District, south of Manchester city centre, running the length of Oxford Road from St Peter’s Square to Whitworth Park, and West from Higher Cambridge Street to Upper Brook street in the East, By 2025, Corridor Manchester will be Manchester’s cosmopolitan hub and world-class innovation district, where talented people from the city and across the world learn, create, work, socialise, live and do business; contributing to the economic and social dynamism of one of Europe’s leading cities.”