The rugby team wore bras to the AU to raise awareness for CoppaFeel!

It’s a charity working to stamp out late detection of breast cancer

Last Wednesday the rugby team dressed up in bras to raise awareness for both male and female breast cancer and CoppaFeel!

CoppaFeel! Is a charity run by young people for young people, their aim is to stamp out late detection of breast cancer, and ensure that people know the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, know what their boobs look and feel like normally, check their boobs regularly throughout their lifetime and have the confidence to see a doctor if anything doesn’t feel right.

One in eight women will experience breast cancer in their lifetime, and 400 men are diagnosed with breast cancer each year; so CoppaFeel! aim to really highlight the importance of checking yourself regularly and understanding what is healthy and what’s not.

Joseff Edwards, 3rd year History student and chairman of the rugby club, who attended the event in his fave bra said: “we had the social because we wanted to help promote breast cancer awareness, we had the boys all wear bras in order to start all conversations that Wednesday night with why we were wearing them. We wanted to promote breast cancer awareness in guys too, which is often neglected and wanted to make a statement as a club that we are fully behind seeing breast cancer eradicated, and if this little act can go a small way in helping that then it was well worth it.”

As well as keeping up with CoppaFeel! and their regular awareness and fundraising events accross campus through their facebook page, you can also get free text reminders direct from Boob HQ to your phone. Just text UBT MCR to 70500 for your free monthly message (check out the terms and conditions here) or you can order a waterproof shower sticker from their website, they give you all the info on the signs and symptoms you need to keep an eye out for, and they’re free. Win win.