Manchester Met are organising a charity pie and ale night

The event will be held on 2nd March at Pie and Ale in the Northern Quarter

Manchester Met students are organising a pie and ale night for the charity Sporting Memories to be held at Pie and Ale in the Northern Quarter, on 2nd March at 6 p.m.

The rustic event will offer a ‘range of ales and pies in a fun and relaxed environment with various entertainment including live music, a comedian and a raffle’. A ticket for £15 will include a homemade pie supper, a pint of house ale, and access to the entertainment available. Desserts will also be on offer at an additional cost.

The group of Event Management students, known as Energize Eventz, are supporting the charity which aids older people across the UK suffering with dementia, depression and loneliness. Sporting Memories engages people in social activities and helps them to recall memories of watching or playing sport, reawakening positive thoughts and feelings which may have been forgotten.

The co-founder of Sporting Memories, Tony Jameson-Allen will be speaking about the work that the charity does at the event which promises to be a fun-filled evening for a worthy cause.

Tickets are available from Eventbrite now.