There is a pug festival coming to Manchester

First a Dog Cafe now PugFest, it’s all looking up for Manchester’s dog lovers this year.

16th July 2017, save the date. PugFest is coming to Greater Manchester for a film inspired Oscars, glitz and glamour fuelled pug appreciation afternoon. Between 12pm – 5pm, The Piazza at Media City will be transformed into a festival of pug love for 2,000 guests.

Poppy the Pug, the soul of PugFest

Upon arrival guests, both pug and human, will walk a Red Carpet and be invited to view the Oscars Grand Pug Dog Show. There will be an abundance of stalls, food, rides and games as well as an Agility Course and Doggie Dash racing games for the more energetic pug.

Of course no Oscars is complete without VIPs and PugFest is no exception, with an Very Important Pug area, complete with prosecco (for humans only), dog goody-bags and doggy treats. The event will also feature a photo-booth where organiser Rob says “pug lovers can go and see a pug for a pug kiss or for other pugs to have a kiss too”.

With a promise of unforgettable TV and Film entertainment as well as an abundance of pugs, PugFest is a guaranteed day of joy at £8 per adult, £5 per child and free admittance for our four legged friends. Although only Pugs and Pug Cross will be admitted to the event.

PugFest was set up by Rob Clowes in tribute to his beautiful pug, Poppy, who’s continued to gain a huge fan base on twitter as @Poppy_puggy. Poppy, an ex-breeding Pug, was rescued by Rob in 2012. Unfortunately, she passed away before the first PugFest in 2014, but Rob said “This dog has changed my life and many others and I believe she’s there in spirit at every PugFest event we hold.”. The event now supports local and national dog charities across the UK.

Tickets will be made available at www.pugfestevents.com soon, and the event can be found on the Facebook page PugFest Manchester .