A new gin bar has opened up in the Gay Village

Gin for the win

Gin is arguably the trendiest drink of the moment, so why not be hip and visit the Gay Villages newest gin bar, Mother’s Ruin.

The owners of the bar also use to run The Grapes, a landmark Manchester pub, before it shut down last August.

They describe their new venture as a way to bring a bit of the Northern Quarter into the Gay Village, as they found that many people decided to drink in the NQ instead.

The co-owner describes the Gay Village as becoming “a bit tired” and in need of some new and exciting bars in order to compete with the Northern Quarter.

In Mother’s Ruin you will find 20 different gins and a new addition every week. They next ones they are looking to add are Manchester gins and they are urging people to offer up suggestions and the gin with the most support will be added to their ever growing menu.

Mother’s Ruin is open now and based on Chorlton Street, check out their Facebook page to see live DJ events and other entertainment. Not like we need anymore persuasion to drink gin.