Adidas made special edition Manchester trainers and they’ve already sold out

They’re selling for hundreds on eBay

The Oi Polloi Adidas Manchester Marine trainers went on sale officially today at 8am online and in stores across the UK.

The trainers were being sold for £90 new and customers were queuing for two days to get a pair.

However, people complained that the trainers were already on Ebay at the time of sale for upwards of £200. One pair is even being sold for £390.

The trainers were designed by adidas in conjunction with Northern Quarter menswear story, Oi Polloi. They are a special edition trainer in navy blue and based on a classic adidas Spezial.

People arrived to queue outside the store on Monday night for the release of the trainer today, but many people online found that the trainers had already sold out at 8am.

Leigh Harrison, 28, from Ashton-Under-Lyne arrived at the store at 11.30pm on Monday night in preparation for the 8am on Wednesday morning. He was second in the queue and was subsequently joined by about 150 others.

He said: “We really enjoy the scene. People say you can go online which you can do, but the whole excitement about it is being a queue meeting people that have the same interest as you. And that’s what we enjoy the most, being in the queue, speaking to other lads and enjoying our trainers.”

Darren Lang, 45, from Stockport said: “I love everything about them. It’s that connection to Manchester that makes trainers like this so special.”