Armed thugs attack man during Fallowfield robbery

It happened at a social club on Wilbraham Road

A gang of four broke into St Kentigern’s social club around midnight, smashing man in the throat with a baseball bat, and attacking him with a hammer.

The armed thugs demanded the safe keys. The break in occurred on Wilbraham Road as staff were locking up on Monday night.

As the victim was severely wounded and fell to the floor, the robbers began to brutally kick and hit the him with a hammer. This escalated further, to the dislocation of his fingers.

St Kentigerns social club, where the attack occurred.

Although they didn’t get into the safe, they got away with an employee’s wages from her handbag before they fled the scene.

The gang were donned in ski masks, and three of the four men wore dark clothing. One of the three was wearing red gloves, another with a grey stripe down the side of an Adidas top. The fourth robber wore a mustard-coloured jacket.

A spokesman for St Kentigern’s social club believed the attackers to be caucasian, middle-aged men.

The police have appealed for witnesses, deeming the affair a ‘nasty attack’. The spokesman is further urging anyone with information to contact the police.

Detective constable Lucy Barnes commented: “Thankfully the man was not more seriously hurt by these attackers, who used violence in an attempt to get what they wanted.

We would ask if anyone has any information about who was involved, or if anyone saw a group of me in the area around the time of the offence, that they are in contact”.

Anyone who happens to know anything of the incident can call the police on 0161 856 6151 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.