Four Mauldeth Road houses industrially fumigated after chilli challenge goes wrong

, Deputy Editor

They thought it was a gas leak so called 999

Four houses were industrially fumigated after fumes from Fallowfield’s hottest chilli invaded their walls.

They were forced to call 999 after they started coughing and vomiting from the smoke, which they assumed was a gas leak.

The Mauldeth road residents abandoned pres early to find out the fumes were caused by cooking “the worlds spiciest chillis.”

chilli featured

The house were having pres when it happened

In true Manc fashion, the guilty house were seen handing out beers as an apology for the disruption of pres.

Second year Terri was the girl responsible for calling the fire brigade. “It was ridiculous, all four houses were outside coughing, I thought there must have been a gas leak or something”.

“One of my housemates was even throwing up.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.20.40

They called 999 thinking there was a gas leak

James, another resident of the Mauldeth massive said: “It was nothing like I’d ever felt before, it was like eating pins and needles.”

They managed to see the funny side of it though, second year Liv said: “For once I was throwing up and it wasn’t because of alcohol. ”

Second year Theresa said: “Luckily the fire brigade took it well. But they did tell us it was the most stupid thing they’d been sent out for in 20 years.”

Needless to say none of the students had the balls to taste the chilli after the fumigation scenario.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.12.46

Luckily the fire brigade took it really well

@whibles123
Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Manchester Deputy Editor at The Tab

Here’s a neutral, no-nonsense guide to the EU Referendum

They’ve used loads of emojis

My parents got divorced because I went to uni

Moving out is hard enough without having to worry about those you’re leaving behind

7 things Corbyn’s supporters are betting on

If they’re right, I’ll be rich

, Head of Marketing and Assistant Editor

Every person you met at Glastonbury this year

The one who fell face-first into the mud

,        

Do you want to be hired by a Times Top 100 employer?

Don’t apply without Headhunter

Meet the mallies: The best of the best of male feminists

‘Feminism, for me, shouldn’t even need to exist’

What your Greggs order says about you

Someone who worked there for over two years told us

The struggles of having thin hair

You’ll spend so much on Batiste