Four Mauldeth Road houses industrially fumigated after chilli challenge goes wrong

, Deputy Editor


They thought it was a gas leak so called 999

Four houses were industrially fumigated after fumes from Fallowfield’s hottest chilli invaded their walls.

They were forced to call 999 after they started coughing and vomiting from the smoke, which they assumed was a gas leak.

The Mauldeth road residents abandoned pres early to find out the fumes were caused by cooking “the worlds spiciest chillis.”

chilli featured

The house were having pres when it happened

In true Manc fashion, the guilty house were seen handing out beers as an apology for the disruption of pres.

Second year Terri was the girl responsible for calling the fire brigade. “It was ridiculous, all four houses were outside coughing, I thought there must have been a gas leak or something”.

“One of my housemates was even throwing up.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.20.40

They called 999 thinking there was a gas leak

James, another resident of the Mauldeth massive said: “It was nothing like I’d ever felt before, it was like eating pins and needles.”

They managed to see the funny side of it though, second year Liv said: “For once I was throwing up and it wasn’t because of alcohol. ”

Second year Theresa said: “Luckily the fire brigade took it well. But they did tell us it was the most stupid thing they’d been sent out for in 20 years.”

Needless to say none of the students had the balls to taste the chilli after the fumigation scenario.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.12.46

Luckily the fire brigade took it really well

@whibles123
Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Manchester Deputy Editor at The Tab

The fear of terror attacks has taken over Manchester

Don’t let them win

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE to find a space in the library?

When did it become socially acceptable to queue outside the library for it to open?

, Features Editor

You can now buy the morning after pill on eBay for £5

But delivery takes up to two weeks

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

Made In Chelsea has gone to the dogs

For God’s sake, will you maintain a modicum of decorum?

, Assistant Editor

Music festivals on terror alert

Nightclubs and festivals are both at risk of Isis suicide attacks

, Features Editor

Everything Mizz magazine taught us about life in our twenties

Mum thought Sugar and Bliss were too sexy

Review: The best supermarket gin and tonic tins

Because there’s more to life than Gordon’s

and

NUS disaffiliation: The story so far

Three SUs have voted to disaffiliate and three have to remain