Massive protest against Trump’s Muslim ban happening tomorrow

Over 10,000 people are going

A demonstration against Donald Trump’s Muslim ban is taking place outside of Downing Street tomorrow afternoon.

So far, over ten thousand people have marked attending on the Facebook event, with a further nineteen thousand interested. Other UK cities, such as Bristol, are holding demonstrations.

The demonstration, starting at 6pm, is also a protest over Theresa May’s refusal to speak out against the ban. Other Western leaders, as well as the United Nations, have condemned Trump’s measures against refugees and travellers from these countries,

Trump’s ban prohibits people from seven Muslim-majority countries (Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen) from entering the United States for the next 90 days. This includes people who have dual nationality.

The organiser of the demonstration calls for people to “stand in solidarity with those targeted by Donald Trump’s hateful government, including the people of this country, outside Downing Street and all over Britain”.

Refugees have been banned from entering the country for 120 days, while Syrian asylum seekers have been banned indefinitely.

Clair, a UCL student planning to attend the demonstration told The Tab: “I feel absolutely ashamed that this is the reality of the world now; people are fleeing for their lives and being turned back because of their nationality.

“I’m going partly to protest the ban itself and partly because it’s horrifying that Theresa May clearly believes she can get away with not condemning such an appalling abuse of the constitution just in order to maintain hers and Trump’s ‘special relationship.”

Check out the Facebook event here.