We asked for your craziest Fresher experiences

One group even got married

At this year’s Freshers’ Fayre, we asked students to divulge what their craziest and weirdest first year experiences had been- it’s safe to say the results were interesting…

Catalin, 1st Year, Computer Science

“We were playing Never Have I Ever as a flat and this guy said ‘never have I ever licked an arsehole’ and then drank. Everyone was silent.”

‘I spent £300 on a night out’

Big spenders

“The other night we went out in Piccadilly and somehow managed to spend £300 on alcohol alone. It’s fair enough because a Disaronno and coke was £10.30 a time but that means I had like 30 drinks. Something doesn’t add up…”

Angus, 3rd Year, Law

“This girl in the first week drew everyone as eggs so she could remember their names.”

Mustafa, 1st Year, Physics

“Some guy came up and asked me if my female friend was my wife. That was very weird.”

‘Phil’, 1st year, Linguistics

“I’ve gone to the sexual health clinic four times this week. I was really worried that I had HIV but it turns out it’s chlamydia- I’m going to be on antibiotics for the next four months…”

‘We all got married to one other’

“One of the guys we live with is actually a Minister at some weird low key American church, so he can marry people…. so we sort of all got married the other day.”

Eliana, 1st Year, Comparative Literature

“I had one girl ask me what exactly I wanted for my wedding.”

Eve, MA Childhood Development

“At a party this strange guy found out I studied childhood development, so he pulled out a book and spent 15 minutes trying to find this one sentence he promised I would find interesting. It really wasn’t worth it.”

‘Schafer may be safer’

“Nothing that major has happened to be honest, but the other night we had an incident where a guy passed out in the toilet in a pool of his own sick. It was in a cubicle toilet and he’d locked himself in, so we had to try and climb over the door to sort him out.”

“The worst part is we hadn’t even left Schafer hall.”