Crowd Funding page set up for homeless Camden man

She wants to help him rebuild his life

A crowd-funding page has been set up in a bid to raise £1500 for a rough sleeper on Camden High Street.

Heni Seregi, a graduate now studying for her Masters at the London College of Fashion, set up the page to try and help a man called Will get a second change of life.

The page explains Heni’s motivation:

“I’ve been living on Camden High Street for 2 years now and every day when I walk home there is someone who always greets me with a smile and wishes me a lovely evening. This warm-hearted man – Will – is in an unfortunate situation. He is one of those people who may have nothing but always wants to give. He would always offer me a piece of chocolate or whatever he has.

“His story? He raised his son as a single father after his wife left him when the boy was five. His son last year was 17 and always got himself into trouble. One day coming home from his job as a removal worker, he found his house repossessed by the council as a result of his son’s mistakes. Forced to walk away form his job he lost everything but would jump at the chance to start over, just needing a temporary home while he finds work and gets back on his feet.

“I would love to raise £1500 so I could book him in a hostel for 2 month, buy him a travel pass and a shirt for interviews. He loved his job, and when he talked about it tears came to his eyes and said “I cannot be sat on the street all night and go to work all smelly in the morning”.

“He is a kind, unfortunate man. Please help, everyone deserves a second chance!”

Heni told The Tab: “So many people told him they will secure him a place to stay like a hostel and would find him a job and no one did. He said he wouldn’t want the money just a place he could shower before going to work until he gets back on his feet, so I’ve not said anything to him yet.

This is no place to live

“I’m also trying to contact removal companies hoping someone gives him a trial period, so I’ve only told him I have a surprise for him which he will receive in a months time.”

The fund is currently at £590 and boasts 25 supporters, but there’s a long way to go to reach the £1500 target; you can donate to the page here, and all messages of support are going to be printed out and handed to Will.