Largest university LGBT+ party to take place in the quad this summer

It’s been confirmed for June

It’s been a wonderful year for all things LGBT+ at UCL, rendering them the largest LGBT+ University society in the country.

Earlier this year, over 250 gay students from across London turned up for a “quiet pub night” to celebrate the start of, what turned out to be, the most successful LGBT+ History Month yet, characterised by sell-out cocktail nights and pub crawls taking over Soho – it’s been massive socially.

But not only that, there have been multiple campaigns including the coveted Pride in Sport campaign, which had more than 100,000 engagements on Facebook a few months back. Coupled with the hundreds and hundreds of people voting for LGBT+ representatives in the Big Vote and the huge success of their self-titled HIV awareness week, it’s clear UCL’s LGBT+ Society is booming in every way.

To celebrate, UCL’s LGBT+ society is kickstarting ‘UCL’s LGBT+ and Friends’ Party in the Quad’: their new annual summer party,  organised for the 2nd of June this year. Open to all university students, staff and their friends, it’s expected the 250-ticket event will sell out quickly.

Tickets cost £4 for UCL students and include free gourmet street food vans (think Shoreditch hipster falafel and Greek filled pitas), and a bubbly reception for all guests starting at 7:00pm in the UCL quad. Then a DJ and Drag Host (yet to be announced) will kick off the evening in the huge marquee with a dance floor and cheap bar featuring £1.50 singles, £3 cocktails, and 3 Jagerbombs for £6.

Free “Queer pong” is also on the cards (I’m told that this is beer pong but with free crates of beer and queers), alongside a free glitter make up station; a pick and mix stall; poles to dance on, and the Yoncé Appreciation Society dropping a 25 minute supermix.

Nom

Andrew Tindall, the social rep, and Celia Willoughby, the current LGBT+ officer, have worked closely with staff at UCL to pull this off. They will be inviting all who have worked with them throughout this year to help celebrate the societies’ enormous success. They will no doubt be celebrating into the morning with tickets including access to the after party at Heaven’s PornIdol.

You can find out more about the event on UCL LGBT+’s Facebook page and can get tickets here.