You’ve got into UCL now here’s everything you need to know

And here’s why

You might have missed your Oxbridge grades, you might have been pressured in to coming by your over-bearing parents, or you might actually be ecstatic to have got in to University College London.

Either way, you’re going to have an unbelievable time and come to realise there’s nowhere better to do a degree than in London.

It’s in the middle of the greatest city in the world

Anyone that tells you there’s a better city in the world than London has obviously never been.

Yes it’s pricey, but that’s because it’s sick. You get a bigger loan and you’re more likely to get a job afterwards, so it’s a more than worth while investment.

You’ve got all the sights people worldwide dream of seeing on your doorstep, you’ve got more clubs and bars than any other city in the UK, and you’ve got way more people to enjoy it all with.

This is how you celebrate starting at UCL

You’re also more likely to get on to a boring internship by utilising your locality to bum up to the bosses at KPMG and Goldman Sachs, and if you want to work in China, will your employer have heard of the wonderful town of Loughborough?

There’s an actual campus and it’s really nice

Forget Oxbridge and it’s daft old buildings, the Bloomsbury campus combines the best in grimy modern chic, with old houses and portico which looks like the national gallery.

Whilst you walk marathons at the other London unis between lectures, UCL is all in the same place – ideal for matching other students on Tinder and fitting in a Frappuccino before your 9am.

Cambridge eat your heart out

We’re all really clever

Gone are the days of gormlessly chatting shit with your form group about The Lad Bible’s latest post and the football scores, now you’re with fellow straight A nerds and can discuss poetry, renaissance art and the ballet without fear of judgement.

As I’m sure you’ve already told everyone, UCL is fifth in the World according to topuniversities.com and, although The Guardian reckon we’re 11th in the UK, it’s a stat you can whip out time and time again when the person you’re trying to chat up in the bar tells you they’ve “never heard of it”.

Never even heard of Stanford

Phineas and Loop

Your Wednesday nights have been changed forever. Gone are the days of watching crap Wednesday night TV, you can’t afford a TV licence, but it’s sports night anyway.

A couple of weeks in to your fresher year, you’ll quickly realise there’s something special about the sticky dance floors of Loop and the sweaty air of pre-drinks at Phineas which make you keep coming back for more.

Whether you’re in the ice hockey team, a cheerleader, or write for The Tab (the best option… apparently), you’ll look forward to getting smashed with your new best friends, and take photos you can stick on Facebook to make your friends think you’re having an incredible time and aren’t home sick at all.

My first, my last, my everything

A plethora of clubs and societies

A central London base makes it easy for clubs and societies to set up.

From the Yoncé Appreciation Society to the award-winning rugby club, UCL caters for all. The freshers fair is something that simply can’t be missed, and everyone should get involved with something – if not only to tell your Mum you’re doing something other than getting pissed every night.

On that note, why don’t you combine the two aforementioned classic uni past times and join The Tab whilst you’re at it? There’s nowhere better to hone your journalistic skills and meet other hilarious students whilst getting read by three million readers a month.

The Tab London is UCL’s very own Tab and this year had scoops featured in Mail Online, The Independent, The Telegraph, Metro, The Mirror and The Sun.

Drop us an email at [email protected] if you’re interested in joining the dream team. 

See you in September.