BREAKING UPDATES: Liverpool students injured in Westminster terror attack yesterday

Thankfully none of them lost their lives

A group of Edge Hill students were on a field trip to the Houses of Parliament yesterday when a terror attack took place.

09:52am 23rd March UPDATE

New information has emerged. 13 students in total and their lecturer were hit as they crossed Westminster bridge after visiting the Palace of Westminster for prime minister’s questions. 19-year-old Travis Frain, from Darwen, has allegedly suffered a cracked rib and injuries to his hand and arm. Owen Lambert, 18, from Morecambe, required stitches for a head wound. The university’s vice-chancellor, John Cater, said that two other students had suffered minor injuries.

19:21 22nd March UPDATE

One student has a head injury, one possibly has a broken wrist and several others have been injured. Their injuries are not being treated as serious.

17:13 UPDATE:

All of the students have been accounted for.

The Edge Hill spokesperson added:

“The university has contacted all the students and they are accounted for, as is the lecturer.

There were 13 students and one lecturer. We are trying to ascertain whether there were any injuries, and the extent of them.”

Original post:

The university has released the following statement:

“We’ve had a small group of politics and law students on a field trip to the Houses of Parliament today. We are trying to speak to them all on the phone to make sure they are okay.

We’ve set up our incident room at the university – it’s university protocol to have one so all the departments can meet in one place, and a place where anyone with any enquiries can come.

Anyone with concerns can call us on 01695 650 433.”