Liverpool is the 5th best veterinary school in the world

But we’ve messed up in Social Sciences

QS rankings vetinary vets world rankings

Liverpool University has ranked as the fifth best university for veterinary science in the world, beating the likes of Edinburgh and Glasgow in the QS World University Rankings. The vet school has leapt from 9th place in the world in 2015 to this new position.

Liverpool University was beaten only by the University of California, Davis, Cornell University, The Royal Veterinary College London and Cambridge University.

Liv Uni ranked 120th in Life Sciences and Medicine, 181st in Arts and Humanities degrees, 219th in Engineering and Technology, 147th in Life Sciences and 311th in Social Sciences.

The universities are ranked out of 100 on academic reputation, citations per paper, employer reputation, and h-index citations (a metric that attempts to measure the productivity and citation impact of a publication). An average is then draw to give the university a score per subject out of 100. Liverpool’s Vet school scored 88.90.

The University of Oxford has remained as the UK’s leading university, topping four number one positions in the subject rankings. Cambridge University ranks in the top 10 subject lists more than any university in the world.

You can see the full list of university rankings here.