The Guild are bringing back their #GuildWish Xmas Campaign

Hey @LiverpoolGuild, I wish for a date with all the rugby team

Christmas guild LGOS liverpool uni university wish xmas

From the today until the 9th December, the Liverpool Guild of Students are bringing back their popular #GuildWish campaign, to mark the start of their Christmas celebrations.

Students can tweet in their Christmas wish to @LiverpoolGuild with the hashtag #GuildWish and the Guild will chose the best wishes to fulfil. Last year’s  best Christmas presents included a Liverpool monopoly edition, a giant beanbag and a raw chicken ready for a roast meal.

Some rules have been applied this year, including only one wish being granted per student and a plea for the wishes to be realistic – so no Trump assassinations or free tuition fees.

Sean Turner, Guild president, told us: “The build up to Christmas is my favourite time of year and, with Guild Christmas Day next Friday, this year’s got me exceptionally excited: I can’t wait to give out loads of boss gifts! Last year we gave everything from free burritos to paying for people’s laptops to be fixed… Get tweeting!”

The campaign marks the start of the Guild’s Christmas celebrations which include a ‘Guild Christmas Day’ on Friday 9th December. Craft stalls will be set up in the courtyard complete with Bucks Fizz, Mulled Wine and Snowballs, a Christmas Dinner for £5, the appearance of Santa’s grotto and Yule-tide hymns and songs from the University’s choir.

LJMU is hosting a street-food festival in collaboration with Independent Liverpool, offering LJMU students a ticket to the festival and a free Independent Liverpool card for only £2.50.