There’s a clothes swap in the Guild on Friday

The newly formed UoL Fashion Society are holding their first ever event

clothes swap fashion soc

After spending far too much money on booze and late night pizza than you’d care to admit, the University of Liverpool’s new and first ever Fashion Society has a unique solution to your student-budget-wardrobe dilemmas. They’re holding a clothes swap in the Guild, with a “swap not shop” approach to getting your hands on that coursemate’s jumper you’ve been wanting since last semester.

The event takes place on Friday 14th October in the McAusland Room in the Guild. Clothes drop off is from 6pm, with the swap starting at 7pm. To be involved in the swap you need to pay a small fee of £3, but then you can trade to your heart’s content.

The event also includes a free brow bar, courtesy of online beauty voucher site Treatwell, so you could end up with a new favourite item of clothing, as well as some seriously fleeky brows.

Fashion Society told us,

“We’re having the event just because everyone always brings loads of clothes to uni with them that they’ll never ever wear and at this point in the year people are feeling the hit of freshers on their bank balance, so it’s a perfect way to revamp what you have in your wardrobe without having to spend a fortune in Topshop! It’s also a way more environmentally friendly way of doing it as it’s much more sustainable than constantly buying new clothes!

“We’re very excited as it’s our first proper event in the Guild and we think it’ll be good fun and a chance to get some cracking new garms. It’s going to be a really good night and hopefully a chance for our members and other students to get to know each other and land themselves some new clothes!”

swap that shit

Lucy, History and Politics third year said,

“This event is such a good idea, Most of us students are so poor but I’m addicted to shopping and especially on ASOS. This is a great opportunity to get some new clothes and rid of old ones I don’t wear!”

You can sign up to Fashion Society here.