Teenage girl chased around Wavertree park by nude man

A man has been arrested

naked man park police Wavertree

A 37 year old man has been arrested after chasing a teenage girl around Wavertree Botanic Park while exposed. Two women and a man confronted him.

It happened at about 8.30pm on Wednesday night. Lee Mousley, 44, a carpet fitter and cage fighter, said he saw women confronting a man who was believed to have been chasing a 13-year-old girl around the park naked. He said:

“I’d been walking through the park. I get onto Botanic Road and there’s a gang of women standing there arguing with this fella. I followed him with these two women asking him to explain himself. He gets onto Edge Lane and goes to start to run away so I just kept up with him. I said I’ll run with you as far as I need to.”

“He stopped then and turned round and I thought he was going to try to intimidate me. As soon as I fronted him face to face he backed down like a little mouse. I said have you been in that park exposing yourself to a little girl? A couple of minutes later the police turned up.”

A spokesman for the Merseyside Police said they were called to Wavertree Botanic Park at 8.30pm. They arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of indecent exposure and he was taken to a police station for questioning.