The Guild is hosting Take Me Out for charity

Looking for your soulmate?

alex ferguson charity guild LGOS liverpool night out student students take me out The Guild university university of liverpool UoL valentine's day

The Guild are hosting a charity Take Me Out in Mountford Hall on March 15th, at 8pm.

They’re inviting four ‘hunky bachelors’ and a ‘gorgeous lady’ to find their dreamboat in a panel of singletons from across campus.

The night will be co-hosted by Guild Vice-President, Alex Ferguson, much to the displeasure of Tab Liverpool editor, Cydney Yeates, who said: “Dayummmmm. I was hoping he was the eligible bachelor”.

Let the pina see the colada

There will be performances throughout the night from the university’s Gospel Choir and various dance troupes. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture all the romantic moments of the evening.

Event Organiser, Josie Smith told the Tab: “Each person who chooses a date will have to bring a friend onto the stage with them who will answer questions about the person in question.

For example, ‘Why would one of these ladies like to go on a date with *insert name here*?’ and ‘What’s the most romantic thing he’s ever done?'”

Let the guild see the money

Entry costs just £4 for audience members with all proceeds going towards Childreach International,  a charity that prevents child trafficking and improves healthcare, education and living conditions for children in developing countries. The night is free for participants.

The event has been hosted by Josie three times before, raising in excess of £5000 and winning ‘Best Student Event’ and ‘Best Fundraiser’ at the University of Manchester in 2013.

There will also be a raffle on the night, with previous prizes including a week-long break in Amsterdam.