Shipping Forecast is new home to legendary Pause

Big up

clubbing pause shipping forecast tuesday night

Whatever your plans are for next Tuesday, cancel them.

Pause has been welcomed into the Shipping Forecast, and it’s the only Tuesday night you need.

Ever since Ke$ha went off the scene we’ve just not been able to sing along to pop music or brush our teeth with whisky the same  – so it’s about time some fresh House and Disco came onto the scene.

Pause’s tunes are most definitely on point, plus what better venue is there to get messy in than the dark, depths of the Shipping Forecast basement?

There are no better venues

You’ll find plenty of room to move about over the two huge floors, and gone are the days when a change of room up in da club can lead to a transition from  Swedish House Mafia to Barbie girl.

You won’t be left with a headache in Pause, just a desire to carry on shufflin’ until Wednesday morning.

And don’t worry if this does happen, as being on a Tuesday night, you get plenty of pre-weekend recovery time.

Pause’s Events Manager, Alexander John Donovan, told The Tab: “This is our third year in Liverpool.  We actually started out as a series of house parties on Smithdown Road that just gathered so much momentum we thought why not?

“We started out as just UK Garage but as the night grew we stretched out to playing House and Disco as well.”

Events Manager Alex and Tab writers loving Pause

He added: “Our DJs are now residents for Chibuku and Abandon Silence and one of the founders is now opening his own venue.

“Expect a real mix of everything, from Gloria Gayonor to Gorillaz, Chaka Khan to Craig David. It’s a house party without the clean up.”

Ciaran, a second-year veteran loved the relaunch night last Tuesday.

He said: “It had such a fresh, different vibe to your standard Tuesday night at mediocre Bumper.

“Drinks were reasonably priced and the basement was sick. I’m definitely going to be a regular, I loved it.”

Nicki, a second year, added: “The atmosphere at Pause was decent and it good to have a variation of funk music. It was something different that I think everyone would enjoy.”

The staff are warm and friendly and you are certainly in safe hands when you walk – or stumble – through the door.

Wednesday nights aren’t the same any more without Med anyway, so stay in and nurse a Tuesday-night, Pause-induced hangover instead.
Pause is every Tuesday at The Shipping Forecast.