It’s time someone said it, the Students’ Union toilets are not ok

Why are they so shit?

Anyone who has ever been to Leicester’s Student Union must have noticed just how grim the toilets are.

Either there’s a queue stretching right down the corridor, or they’re out of order and down right dirty. Is it really that hard to provide half decent facilities for the university’s 17,000 students?

Why even bother washing your hands when you’re gonna catch germs asap

Yesterday I was in a massive rush to make it to my 9am. The O2 had left me feeling less than peachy and I really didn’t want to have to leave my lecture half way through.  The toilets in the SU entrance are obviously the easiest option for recovery – that is, until you get there and find possibly the biggest line since the one to see King Richard III.

First they shut Ryman’s, now this.

The line is definitely the biggest problem with the SU facilities. Why on earth are there only four cubicles in the women’s bathroom? They’re probably the most used toilets on campus and they’re basically nonexistent. After a night at the O2 it’s kind of essential that we have somewhere to recover.

I just don’t want to vom here the day after Let’s Disko

Then, for the mere four cubicles, there’s one solitary hand dryer. The other one has been out of order for weeks and it doesn’t look it’s getting fixed anytime soon. After braving the line to actually go to the toilet, you then have to line up to be able to dry your hands. Let’s be honest, the people behind you usually make you so nervous you rush off with damp hands anyway because you feel so bad for holding everyone up.

Quick Q – has this ever been in order?

Basically, the Students’ Union toilets have little appeal.

So this is a desperate plea to the university: Give us somewhere decent to vom after a night out at the O2, somewhere to dry our hands, and somewhere where we don’t contract a venereal disease just by trying to go to the toilet.