Leicester in the top one per cent of universities on Earth for education

We beat LSE, St Andrews, Warwick and Bath

In a league table published by the Center for World University Rankings Leicester placed 237th, impressively ranking amongst the top one per cent of institutions in the world- beating the universities of Loughborough, York, Bath and DMU (who failed to even rank in the top 1000).

The rankings are based on the quality of education, its outcome on student results and the prestige of the university departments, based on its members and the quality of their research. Also taken into consideration is the training offered to students in regards to preparation for employment.

The same table also ranks Leicester 20th in the UK, neighbouring Durham who sit at 19th, Newcastle (18th) and Liverpool (17th).

In a press release published by Leicester, the President of the Center for World University Rankings, Nadim Mahassen, said:

“For University of Leicester to rank in the top 1% worldwide is an outstanding achievement to be celebrated.”

President and Vice-Chancellor of Leicester, Professor Paul Boyle, added:

“We are delighted to be cited amongst the leading institutions in the world and to be ranked among a global elite for the quality of our research, teaching and output.  This is further endorsement of the world-class status of the University of Leicester, and helps to explain Leicester’s remarkable record of success in attracting postgraduate and undergraduate students from across the world.”

The league table can be viewed here.