Leicester City fans take the KP by storm: Last night in pictures

Carnage ensued as the Leicester Foxes won the league

A draw between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur last night saw Leicester City Football Club become Premier League Champions for the first time in the club’s 132 year history.

Numbers can say a lot about this story and the history that has been made in the sporting world. The bookies are set to pay out over 10 million pounds due to the 5000/1 odds LCFC had to overcome to become league champs.

The boys in blue lost just three games this season and have made themselves into local, and national, heroes. Jamie “Party” Vardy is at the forefront of this, having set the new Guinness World Record for scoring in the most consecutive games (11) and his victory is especially sweet given that four years ago, he was still playing non-league football.

Numbers aside, pictures are worth a thousand words and videos, even more, so here is a clip of the scenes that unfolded outside the King Power stadium last night until the early hours of the morning:

Tens of thousands of fans filled the streets between Filbert Way and the city centre, the pavements moving with the waving of flags and the roads grid locked by cars sounding their horns.

Blue flares were set alight outside the stadium in true football fan style, adding to the roaring atmosphere…and the smell.

Fans climbed onto the roof of a shirt printing stall just outside the ground, waving flags and kicking giant footballs into the crowd. One policeman lent his hat to the chanting crowd leaders, which was duly returned once the fans had been satisfied.

News crews mingled within the hoards of fans, filming the jubilation and overwhelming pride the city felt last night – and will continue to feel with the upcoming home game on Saturday, the final away game v Chelsea and the much awaited parade in June.

We are top of the league, say we have won the league!