Sir David Attenborough gave a talk to Leicester students yesterday

The national treasure delighted lucky audience members at De Monfort Hall

Sir David Attenborough spoke at De Monfort Hall yesterday – and it was nothing short of spectacular.

Introduced by our very own Chancellor, Sir David spoke primarily about the beauty of nature and how even animals can observe the wonders of life.

Sir David gave a talk full of passion and humour, touching on how evolution has changed our world and how fortunate we are to be able to observe the wonders of the planet.

Sir David also paid tribute to his brother, Richard Attenborough, who passed away in 2014.

In addition to this, he also said he would never retire from his job because he was able to see the most beautiful things that the world has to offer.

Good news for all of us lucky viewers: Sir David will not be leaving our screens any time soon.

Most insightfully Sir David talked about climate change, explaining that the damage that we have committed has been horrific and is unfortunately irreversible.

He explained he was hopeful that we as a people would unite and save the one thing that connects us all: the natural world.

Sir David left to rapturous applause, with our only regret being he couldn’t stay longer than he did.