David Attenborough is coming to campus

He’s even delivering a lecture

Perhaps you didn’t get exactly what you wanted this Christmas, and you’re now facing the harsh reality that you’re one step closer to your exams, dissertation hand-ins, graduations and the responsibilities of adulthood.

But wipe away those tears of self-pity and allow room for tears of joy – Sir David Attenborough will be on campus on Thursday 28th January.

He’ll be delivering the University’s flagship Chancellor’s Distinguished Lecture on Beauty in Nature in the Peter Williams lecture theatre.

Our face when we watch Planet Earth

Tickets for the lecture are free, but will obviously be in high demand and require booking.

A press release from the university said that they will be available from 12 noon on Monday 11th January 2016, so prepare for a cyber equivalent of The Hunt to ensure your seat.

If you miss out on the lecture don’t worry – the loveable TV personality’s visit is extending to the 29th, when he will be opening the new £1.5million gallery extension at Attenborough Arts Centre, the University’s multi-use arts venue on Lancaster Road.

Members of the public are welcomed to attend.