Leicester slides down ELEVEN PLACES in uni rankings

Even Falmouth beat us

The Guardian’s new league tables, released this week, show Leicester isn’t looking so impressive.

We’re now ranked in 32nd place, falling eleven places from our previous dizzying heights of 21st.

Embarrassingly our current place means we’re beating by powerhouse names like Falmouth in 31st, and Coventry in 15th.

But at least we’re still happy about it. Our satisfaction with course and teaching is rated a decent 70 per cent, while tutor’s assessments are an equally impressive 68.6 per cent.

It seems pretty impressive until you see Coventry is a lot happier, at 81.4 per cent.

Awks

But it’s not all bad. Our Modern Languages, Criminology, and Anatomy and Physiology departments are all ranked 3rd in the country.

Modern Languages in fact comes just behind Oxbridge, and though our overall student satisfaction with feedback is weak, the linguists seem to be pretty chuffed with theirs, standing at a whopping 83.5 per cent.

Second year Linguist Rebecca Bishop said: “I think it’s great because I’m seeing all the other unis that I had looked at going to are further down on the list, which makes me really glad to have come to Leicester.

“I’m glad Languages are getting recognition because too many people cast a blind eye to how useful they are.”

Physics meanwhile has jumped from 17th to 5th place, while American Studies is a respectably 7th.

But at least we have Richard III  to set us apart.