All the ways you will desperately try to cure your hangover in Leeds

‘I’m never drinking alcohol again’

The Hangover. We’ve all experienced it. It’s something, as students, we try not to think about before a big night out.

The pounding head, dry mouth, sweats, nausea – all usually experienced during the 9am lecture we knew we shouldn’t have gone to, but thinking it would make you feel like a better person only to find out…you were wrong. Oh so very wrong.

So, once this hellish lecture is over the question is raised of “how can I ever feel healthy again?” “What can I do differently?” Hopefully, these tips will help you battle the temptation to hibernate in bed for 2 days before ever beginning to feel normal again.

The 2am trip to Sainsbury’s

Now, what can be said about the Hyde Park Sainsbury’s. It can be merely described as an absolute god-send. Any student living round that area has inevitably stumbled across this Sainsbury’s after a night out, in the hope that something will be able to save you from the impending doom of the hangover. This is when you need to be smart. However drunk you are, rather than head straight for the crisps, pick up that pack of paracetamol. Trust me, your sober self will thank you for it in the morning.

The end of the night binge

3am hits, you’re on your way home, the alcohol hunger kicks in. Now, this late night binge usually leads to mounds of regret the minute you’ve finished that cheap, but delicious, takeaway food. But nothing can talk the drunk you out of it. Rest assured, it is one sure fire way of at least slightly sobering up. Crispy’s fish and chips shop is one place that will definitely cure the next day hangover. The fish batter is said to help in soaking up the alcohol, getting you ready to feel fresh in the morning.

If fish isn’t your thing – 24 hour Domino’s is there for a reason. Your bank account may not thank you for it in the morning but we’ve all been there. When it’s needed, it’s needed. You may be lucky and end up with cold pizza for breakfast.

The greasy fry-up in the morning

Now, if none of that seems to have helped, the next morning greasy breakfast will still be calling. A big English breakfast fry-up is what will most definitely be needed. The Greasy Pig in Hyde Park is definitely somewhere to consider, all day-breakfast. Check. Juice? Check. A strong coffee? Say no more.
If you want something slightly less greasy then all that’s needed is a stroll down the Otley Road, there’s plenty of little bakeries that I am sure will take your fancy.

Attempting to go to the gym aka walking slowly on the treadmill 

Okay yes, the idea of exercising is probably the most horrendous thing anyone could ever think to do with a hangover. However, it is apparently meant to help. Sweating out the alcohol may seem like a myth, but if you can push through try to get out. Walk to the shops. Have a stroll around Hyde Park. Maybe even stretch to going to the gym? Quick dip in the pool? It may seem horrendous to start, but push through and it will help. Just try it. Go on.

Hair of the Dog

Now, if all of these tips seem not-doable for you then there’s only one other way forward. Keep drinking. By the time you’re two drinks in, the pounding head and nausea will seem like a distant memory. Need somewhere cheap? Head to Wetherspoon’s, it’s there for a reason. Grab a couple of pints and you’ll forget what a hangover even is. Want somewhere a bit nicer? Terrace is somewhere you can have a light couple of cocktails with a nicer ambience that may stray your attention away from the regret of last night.

12 between 2? Definitely enough to cure anyone

Now, I can’t guarantee these tips will complete cure you. But, I hope they are able to provide some shed of light after your night out.

Photos from the MoveOnUp Facebook page