There’s a guy delivering free chilli plants in Leeds, because this is Leeds and what else did you expect?

Give it a go if you want to try adulting for a change

Haaris Ahmed, the founder of the property crowdfunding platform UOWN, is running a campaign in Leeds where they hand-deliver free chilli plants. This is Leeds though, so is anyone really surprised?

UOWN allows you to buy part of a house from £20 and earn money from the rent. It offers anyone the chance to invest in property and earn money. Which, for a long time has been only accessible to the wealthy elites and fat cats. If you want to know more about UOWN you can visit here, and if you want to send a chilli, because you’re into that sort of thing you can head over to their website.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRVHB6MAFew/?tagged=chilliplant&hl=en

If you’re wondering what the connection is between free chilli plants and a FinTech startup, it’s a really really tenuous one. When I asked Haaris the first that he said was:

“At UOWN we want to do things differently and outside the box. One day we sat down and thought, how can we get the word out there, somehow we got onto chillis. A few weeks later we had 1000 chillies growing in a greenhouse, and we were in talks with several off-duty deliveroo drivers”.

So, even if you just want to see your mate brave a mouthful of chilli, it’s worth ordering one – it is free after all.