Woman’s body found in Roundhay Park

Police are appealing for any information

Hide Images

Officers were called to Waterloo Lake at Roundhay Park at 9:19 am today (28/03) after a jogger saw a body in the water near the cafe in Park Avenue. The scene was cordoned off and body was recovered from the water by the fire service. The body has since been removed.

Detective Inspector James Entwistle, of Leeds District Safeguarding Unit, stated: “We are carrying out enquiries to establish the woman’s identity and the circumstances surrounding her death and a post-mortem examination is due to be held tomorrow. We believe she is likely to have entered the water some time between last night and this morning and we would like to hear from anyone who saw anything or who has any information that could assist us.”

He continued: “She appears to be around 50 years old and was wearing a black and green dress and a dark blue coat. She has dark greying hair and was wearing glasses. We are still in the process of establishing her identity and we would like to hear from anyone who recognises the description or thinks they know who it might be.”

Anyone with information has been asked to contact Leeds District CID via 101 quoting log number 306 of March 28.