There’s a 95 per cent chance that it will snow on Thursday and Friday

Could a winter wonderland finally be coming our way?

Don’t put away those bobble hats and mittens just yet, as it turns out that Leeds could finally be due for some snow! Weather forecasts, which have been a source of false hope for snow lovers in Leeds all winter, seem to finally be giving us statistics some want. Netweather.tv has predicted that there will be a 95 per cent likelihood of snow falling on Thursday the 9th and Friday the 10th of February.

Following on from the claims of the ‘Thundersnow’ which led to nothing more than a sprinkling that looked as though it was done by the almighty Salt Bae of the sky at the start of 2017, it’s easy to understand why such news might be met by sceptics. However, the high percentage and all relevant weather reports are indicating that this time it will  (probably) actually happen.

The snow is due to begin to fall on Wednesday, with an increasing likelihood from the early hours through to lunch time, with temperatures of 3 degrees C but a ‘real feel’ of -1. From there, temperatures are set to drop further and an increase in icy winds of up to 24mph will leave us all feeling like its -7 degrees Celsius by Thursday night! This icy snap is due to continue right through to Friday with our chances of snow only dropping below 95 per cent after 12 pm.

So, despite the recent sunshine and slightly warmer weather, don’t box up your winter clothes just yet because it looks like we’re going to need them. Wrap up, keep warm, comfort eat, and have fun!