Leeds ranked fifth best university in the country

Love your time at Leeds

A survey carried out by Whatuni, based entirely on reviews from students themselves, has placed Leeds as the 5th best uni in the country, climbing from 14th in 2015. The unis we beat to the top spots include Manchester, Durham, Cambridge, and even Oxford.

Over 25,000 students were asked to review their unis, looking at ten different categories, including job prospects, accommodation, and city life. Overall, we scored 4.51 out of 5. Buzzing.

Our student union scored 4.48 surprisingly, although with all the building work going on right now it would probably not do as well if the survey was carried out today. City life also ranked high, as did the uni facilities, and clubs and societies. Duh, we’ve got Fruity, there’s nowhere better.

The real winner here though? The cost of a pint is, on average, about £2. With drinks that cheap, no wonder the city life is ranked so high: every club is good if you can get drunk off a tenner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGZXqEorrQi/?taken-at=239947636&hl=en

Current student Matt raved about the uni in his review, saying ‘I wouldn’t change anything, amazing uni, and if you make the most of your time here there is literally something for everyone. With the variety in degree choice and societies to get involved in there is ample opportunity to make it the best couple of years of your life’.