Leeds Beckett want to know if we’ve got a gambling problem

Napoleon tonight anyone?

Researchers at Leeds Beckett University are due to launch a research project to discover the extent of the issue of problem gambling in Leeds.

The project is being carried out in conjunction with Leeds City Council and is expected to last apporximately five months.

Dr Alexandra Kenyon of Leeds Beckett University Events, Tourism and Hospitality department and visiting professor David Parsons are also planning to examine the impact problem gambling has on affected people.

Dr Kenyon said: “With approximately two million people at risk from problem gambling in Britain, and around 300,000 directly affected, the need for in-depth research into the roots of problem gambling is clear.”

She added: “This study has been carefully designed to understand gambling motivations, behaviours and capture ‘life stories’ of the harm resulting from problem gambling.

“The research places face-to-face interviews with gambling businesses, support services and those seeking help with gambling addiction at the heart of the study in order to understand first-hand the issue of problem gambling.”