The Terrace want you to design their new sandwich

This could literally be the start of your chef career

LUU have launched a new competition for one person to design a new sandwich to feature on the Terrace menu.

The sandwiches will be judged by the British Sandwich Association which will be made up of industry experts.

The winner of the competition on the day will have their sandwich sold in Terrace during Term 3 and will have the chance to work with the catering team in developing the sandwich and promotional material.

Terrace have come under fire in the past for their unconventional burgers

The competition, which is running in partnership with the British Sandwich Association, will see applicants being able to enter a specific students category.

All student applicants are asked to submit one recipe in at least two categories, showcasing the sponsor’s product and any other ingredients included.

Recipes need to be submitted with the name of your sandwich, cost price of the product and the recommended selling price.

Leeds University Union are hosting the British Sandwich Association’s competition for the North of England region.

LUU said they will arrange a “test run” where the applicants can try out their recipe and make final changes before the official British Sandwich Association competition day.

The winner will also receive a trophy at a later date.