My dissertation tutor took a YEAR to reply to me

I’d already graduated by the time he agreed to a meeting

| UPDATED Show Images

A Geography grad received a reply to an email he sent his dissertation tutor almost a year before.

Joe Butcher sent the email, about a problem with his dissertation, on the 24th February 2015.

However he received a response a whole six months after he graduated from Leeds Uni.

Speaking to The Tab, Joe said he “scraped” a First in his dissertation on the riveting issue of the effect that invasive species such as American Crayfish and Chinese Mitten crabs have on UK rivers.

He said: “I was rinsing some n00b on FIFA when the email came through. My surprise at the email caused me to concede, something I’ll never be able forgive my tutor for.

“He always was a bit of an eccentric character who may not have fully grasped how emailing works. Maybe he got me mixed up with another Joe?

“Sadly I doubt we’ll ever get a satisfactory answer to put all this wild speculation to bed.”

After graduating from Leeds with a 2:1 in Physical Geography, Joe got a job as an intern at HSCIC in Leeds City Centre.

He added: “I liked him as a tutor on the whole. Very intelligent, and fitted the standard geography lecturer stereotypes in terms of questionable dress sense and slightly lacking in social skills.”

Joe’s tutor has been contacted for comment.