Mighty Leeds soars to 22nd best uni in the UK

What even is Beckett?

Leeds uni has been ranked 133rd in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-16  in it’s 12th edition of the league table.

The world rankings featured 70 countries, and 800 universities. Leeds Uni was one of the 34 UK universities to make the top 200 and came a respectable 22nd beating off the likes of Nottingham and Sheffield.
Surprisingly, we were beaten by questionable unis like Lancaster and York.

Phil Baty, the editor of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings said: Universities are judged on their “teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.

“The top 800 list represents just 4% of the world’s higher education institutions, so we congratulate all institutions who have made this year’s list.”

Oxford University is the highest ranking British university in second place, followed by Cambridge in fourth.

The US university California Institute of Technology ranked top of the league tables.

Even though Leeds failed to make the the top 100 we can still stay safe in being the best in West Yorkshire.

University of Bradford finished in the top 800 and Leeds Beckett failed to rank at all.

The leeds centre for kids who cant read good

Earlier this year in the Guardian rankings, we ranked in the top five unis for Accounting and Finance, Agriculture, Film and Social Policy – proving that Leeds really is among the best when it comes to the boring subjects.

But we managed to squeeze into the coveted top ten spot for Film, Photography, Design, Art, Social Work and Journalism to name a few.

It was also a good year for Leeds “apparently we’re a thing” Trinity, who had a huge leap from 111th to 84th.