Good Life gave us an exclusive look at their Fools Paradise festival

They’ve just announced Hot Chip as a headliner

| UPDATED festival foo fools paradise gentlemans dub club good life music so solid crew

As freshers’ week looms ever nearer, the event everyone is talking about is Good Life’s Fools Paradise.

After dominating Leeds last year with a string of high-profile events such as “A Night in Outer Space” and “Caribbean Carnival”, Good Life are now set to return with their most ambitious project yet.

Fools Paradise, which already has over 2,400 Facebook attendees, will be a unique festival experience with an unconventional twist: the entire thing will take place in Leeds Uni Union.

Ranging from Bollywood through carnival to freakshow, the Union will be transformed into a selection of weird and wonderful arenas which will play host to artists such as Hot Chip, Gentlemans Dubs Club and So Solid Crew.

Fools Paradise sees LUU used in an unconventional way, with Fruity favourites Stylus, Mine and Pulse not being included in the list of venues. Instead, “alternative” venues in the union will be transformed into themed arenas.

The Refectory will be become the Bollywood Bazaar, while the Riley Smith will play host to the Concrete Jungle. The Helpdesk Zone will hold a Deep Sea Dance-off, Terrace will become the Niceup! Carnival and the Hidden Cafe will be turned into the ominous-sounding Freakshow.

Good Life founders Louis Jadwat and Will Burbage said: “This is going to be unlike any event Leeds has ever seen before”

“We’ve got around 60 performers and over 20 headliners including Gentlemans Dub Club, So Solid Crew, Natty, The Heatwave, Big Narstie and Panjabi MC

“There are a mix of live acts and DJs, so there really is something for everyone. We’re using the Union in a way that it has never been used before -the whole thing is our playground.

“Official partners include Sick Chirpse, Resident Advisor, Instagrime, NICEUP! Records, Bigger Than Barry and many other Leeds-based brands.

Good Life have also exclusively told The Tab that alongside the music venues there will be exciting extras such as an Indian chillout lounge, a marketplace selling festival goods, a ballpit, a 90s throwback room and a hidden cinema.

Another added extra is Lovespecs’ “Love Den”, which is described as “an area of visual and sensory experience.”

Tickets are selling fast, but they’re still available from the Resident Advisor page.

There will also be more surprise “world-renowned artists coming along, having headlined festivals this summer.”

More news to follow – needless to say, we can’t wait.