Return of Tequila

Controversial club night relaunches in Leeds with a new name and venue.

exclusive

The future looked bleak for Tequila after Mezz closed down and Halo kicked them out last year. 

But the controversial club night is back with a new venue at The Faversham and a brand new name – Qualite UK.

The secret is out … Qualite UK

Tequila’s former venue, Mezz, closed down last year after a police report slammed the club for a string of dodgy deeds.

The club night found a new home at Halo, but was cancelled due to council pressure before their official launch.

Third time lucky? … Tequila has moved from Mezz to Halo and will now relaunch at Fav

A promotional video last term saw punters joke about rape, which led to widespread calls for the night to be shut down.

Over 100 people turned up at Mezz the following week to protest. A petition to close the night received over 3,000 signatures, while Tequila was dropped as sponsor of Leeds RAG’s Safer Sex Circus.

tequilaprotest In the slammer … Protesters outside Mezz in October last year

Earlier this year a post on the Tequila UK Facebook page said: We’re gonna party hard in 2014, so crack on with your exams for now, watch this space and we’ll keep you posted.’

Few details have been released about Qualite UK, but according to their Facebook page the night is set to launch at The Faversham on Thursday 27th March.

Are you excited about Tequila’s return or do you think the club night is a hangover that just won’t go away? Let us know in the comments.