Out with the New and in with Old: Leeds Vintage Trail

We take a look at the 7 best places to buy vintage in Leeds

Vintage, vintage, vintage, we love it and if you don’t then you need to get on it.

You can use it as an excuse for doing your bit for the environment as technically its recycling right? (though who ever really needs an excuse) and who doesn’t love that feeling of finding something that’s not only inexpensive but no one else will have.

We’ve gone out and about in Leeds and a little further beyond to find the best vintage shops for you. Here’s our 7 favourites to suit all styles, tastes and budgets.

1) BEST

It seems logical to start the best of list with this one. A firm favourite amongst the ‘edgy’ crowd in Leeds it’s the go to for retro clothing, some genuine vintage and some reworked, but all looks good.

2) JUDY’S AFFORDABLE VINTAGE FAIR

Less well-known but worth checking out, the fair comes to our Corn Exchange about once a month. A real mix of stuff, there’s something for you no matter what your style and all at great prices.

3) ALICE FOUND TREASURE

Located in the top half of the Corn Exchange, this is for the girl who likes delicate and girly clothing. Think faux fur jackets, lacy skirts and locket necklaces.

4) REDNECK CLOTHING

Can be found two doors down from Best. Be prepared to rummage through musty clothing to find your treasure but when you do it’s bound to be at a good price. My personal anecdote is finding an oversized Dior blazer for just £18!

5) HARROGATE

A little further afield but only 40 minutes on the train. Far from being full of fuddy-duddys there’s a number of great vintage shops, favourites being Space, Elegant Era and Catherine Smith Vintage. Combined with a shopping rest at Betty’s cake shop it makes for a delicious day out!

6) RETRO BOUTIQUE

Halfway between Headingley and Uni, venture upstairs for a great selection of stuff – all displayed so prettily!

7) BLUE RINSE

Across the road from Best and next to the Corn Exchange (liking how these are all so close to each other?), Blue Rinse is a 4 floor hipster haven for boys and girls.