JLS to the Rescue in Summer Ball’s Little Mix-up

JLS step up to prevent shit music from being played at Summer Ball

jls_alone

In a shocking twist of events, Little Mix have pulled out of the summer ball.

However, never ones to pass on the opportunity to demonstrate their belief that our music tastes are in line with those of 15-year-old girls, the Union’s replaced them with student favourites JLS.

However, if anyone were to think this move demonstrated how out-of-touch the Union are with students, such rumours would be dispelled with them using the new hip-and-trendy video platform Vine to break this news.

If we were to get a quote from Summer Ball-saviours JLS, they’d probably say something along the lines of them being “well excited” to be playing, and how “great the support base always is in Leeds”, with it being “one of their favourite cities” to go to.

It’s rumoured that Busted, Westlife and N-Sync were all contacted but were unable to make the date. (P.S. this is a joke)

The pop group will be accompanied by McFly frontman turned edgy-house-supremo Danny Jones as well as a DJ set by Rudimental. (P.S. this is not a joke)

When asked for their reaction on hearing this news, one third year – who wishes to remain anonymous – said: “lol”.

Though let’s be honest – it’s not really about the music, is it?