Champagne Douchebags Forced to Apologise

By , Deputy Editor on

St. Andrews jokers sorry for stereotype stunt.

Last week a group of ‘lads’ from St. Andrews took “the-pouring-stuff-over-your-head-and-filming-it-to-the-amusement-of-other-students” craze one step too far.

After Milking in Newcastle and Porting in Durham, first year students from the same university as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took to showering in Champagne in an attempt to one-up the other universities.

Yet due to the offense caused by dousing themselves in Moet & Chandon, they were forced to take it down within hours of it being posted on YouTube and the following day they sent a sincere apology to SU President Freddie Fforde.

The makers of the video claimed the stunt was intended “as a harmless joke and an attempt to join in on the latest craze that began with milking in Newcastle and porting in Durham, as well as being ironic towards ourselves.”

They went on to say they were “shocked, saddened and deeply regretful” of the hateful reaction the video received.

YouTube users were not impressed

In a statement to the student paperthe University said the video lacked “respect for the great many students, staff and townspeople in St Andrews who have for a long time been committed to tackling out of date stereotypes”.

Recently students and residents of St. Andrews have raised money for bursaries and scholarships in a bid to tackle the posh toff stereotype and make the Uni seem more accessible.

St. Andrews is due to celebrate six centuries of tradition, having raised £33.9 million since August 2008. That’s 1,059,706 bottles of Moet, enough for each student to pour 116 bottles over their heads… Get buying Middleton.

Check out the Champagning video here…

Check out the original craze Milking…

And Durham’s Porting response here…

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

What’s the worst thing about studying at Beckett?

Can’t believe the hoodies aren’t free anymore

By on

LUU to introduce Afro-Caribbean hairdressers

The decision comes after a unanimous yes vote

By , Editor, The Tab Leeds on

Clubbers of the week

No backup dancers

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s more important: Face or body?

Pretty face, average bod > average face, fit bod

By and on

What is the best all-girls school in the country?

‘Millie can I borrow a tampon?’

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat