No strings attached

Hundreds of Leeds students have joined a casual sex site

casual student sex shag at uni student dating student sex

More than 800 Leeds students have signed up for a casual sex website where members arrange one-off romps.

Shag at Uni advertises itself as a “space for students to get laid any night of the week and not have any of the strings attached with dating.”

Casual..the site promises no strings attached sex

The adult portal’s owner Tom Thurlow told The Tab there were 854 Leeds University students registered, with almost half of them female.

He said: “The typical user is a student who is very horny and wants to increase the amount of sex they are already getting.

“Some are people who are not having as much sex, and are quite shy for example. Everyone is looking for a shag so it’s a win-win.”

Membership, which is £5 for men and free for women, buys users the chance to message each other and make casual arrangements.

The bulk of members are students who have not posted profile photos, although there is a sprinkling of suspiciously old and nude profiles, suggesting Shag at Uni has a richer demographic than expected.

Thurlow, who set it up when visitors to sister site Date at Uni  were banned for being explicit,  insisted most profiles on the site were real students.

Shag at Uni spawned from the less casual Date at Uni

He said: “You get sceptics who ask if you have made robot accounts and fake women but that doesn’t happen – it’s against the law. Everyone on the site is a real person.

“I hope people will recognize this is about real people – I’m 22 and I am the person running it.”