Sicko pervs target Edge changing rooms

and

Police have arrested one man who was allegedly caught leering over Edge changing room cubicles with a camera phone earlier this week.

According to an Edge member of staff, the perv is said to have locked himself in a cubicle, absolutely naked, as pool lifeguards and University security staff worked out how to get him out.

The member of staff, who chose not to be named, said: “it was absolutely bizarre – he actually tried climbing over the back of the cubicle to make an escape”.

The culprit is then said to have made his way out of the cubicle ‘after a short struggle’ and taken away by security staff.

According to the source, it’s the second time voyeurism has been reported this week alone.

A spokesman for the University of Leeds said:

“We can confirm that two incidents of alleged voyeurism took place in The Edge this week. Staff quickly dealt with both situations and, as a result, one arrest was made. Police are still seeking a man in connection with the first incident.”

Earlier this year another peeping tom was busted at the gym as he tried to spy on the Chinese Olympic swimming team during their summer preparations at the Edge.

25-year old Declan Crosbie pleaded guilty in August to peering over cubicles in the changing rooms.

Crosbie then attempted to hide in a cubicle and went staff came to find him tried to pretend he was a woman.

Crosbie, who had previous convictions for perving, received a three-year community order and was ordered to take part in a sex offenders treatment programme.

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Chief Reporter

Everything you’ll miss about Leeds once you graduate

It’s mostly the chaos

I found out my former headteacher is a paedophile

He was always one of my favourite teachers

Hero Leeds student saves a politician’s life

He gave a councillor CPR in the street

, Assistant Editor

Snapchatting your trip to the polling station is silly, self-absorbed and insignificant

It’s a day about something bigger, and you somehow managed to make it about yourself

, Argument Editor

‘What’s the weather like up there?’ and other things tall people are fed up of hearing

You’re right actually, it is starting to rain

, Soton Opinion Editor of The Tab

Stop saying Kent is ‘racist’

There is something more complicated at play

, Assistant Editor

The Midlands is a place, don’t tell me I live in the North (or South)

Ever heard of Stratford-upon-Avon?

, Durham Editor

I went on the pill to treat my acne and it almost killed me

Madison will be on blood thinning medication for the rest of her life

, Assistant Editor

Stop saying you’ll give up things you have no interest in quitting

‘This is the last time I’m drinking, ever’