Everybody stay calm, but Prince Harry is on campus RIGHT NOW

*THIS IS NOT A DRILL*

Hide Images

Students heading into the King’s Building today got a bit of a surprise. You’re just sitting, soaking up some sunshine, having a coffee to get you through your 10am when a large black Range Rover pulls up and out gets Prince Harry. A nice wake up call for a Thursday morning!

Prince Harry is attending a conference today at in the King’s Building on Veterans’ Mental health hosted by the King’s Centre for Military research. The centre is a joint initiative of the Institute of Psychiatry and the Department of War Studies.

After serving in the military for ten years, it is unsurprising that Harry takes an interest in the highly contested debate regarding the mental health and welfare of those who have served their country.

The Prince is known for his support of current and ex-servicemen, supporting many charities and organising the Invictus Games in 2014. His own charity, the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, (catchy, right?) partly focuses on promoting the welfare of those who have served, or are currently serving, as part of the armed forces.

Security are currently manning the conference

His attendance was kept closely under wraps, but students quickly started tweeting the news:

If, like this person, you didn’t have anything on today, you still might catch him!

And if you did meet him, it’s a good job you were looking your best!

The conference is set to finish at 5.30 today.