Faulty toilets on the Strand Campus apparently repaired with tin foil

It’s actually silver tape

botch faulty funny job KCL kings repair tin foil work

With an overall annual income of over £600 million, you’d think our university would be in tip top condition.

But King’s lack of investment in maintaining our campus has been revealed – as parts of a toilet on the Strand have been “fixed” using tin foil.

Everyone’s favourite scrunchable metal, normally found in the kitchen cupboard, has been used as makeshift solution on perhaps the most vital part of a toilet’s mechanics – the flush.

Not exactly brill

Students wanting to relieve themselves in the Macadam Building’s unisex toilets have been met with the amateur workmanship – which is amateurish enough to turn any full-bladdered guest away.

To make matters worse, the toilet beside it is completely out of order.

It hasn’t been confirmed whether the cowboy handymen are waiting on a delivery of some cling film.

The scene of the crime

Having been completely foiled, KCL’s plan to replace traditional tools with household items has been met with disappointment.

First year English student Ruth Beddow told the Tab: “I think it’s quite an endearing addition to the loos. It kind of sums up King’s – there’s no sense to it, but at least they tried.”

Others seemed indifferent about the whole thing, and more excited about the toilets themselves.

Fresher Sean Tan commented: “Well, I found it surprising there were even unisex toilets at the Terrace bar in the first place.”

We spoke to the King’s Maintenance team, who assured us the fixing was actually “tape, which happened to be silver.”

Shortly after our enquiry, it was confirmed to us the toilet had been permanently fixed.