The club shut its doors for the last time last weekend

Chill Nightclub Canterbury is set to be replaced by the “stylish” new bar Steinbeck & Shaw just in time for Freshers Week.

Chill was one of Canterbury’s most popular venues with people at Kent uni. It closed down last night after seven years of throwing some of the wildest and least memorable nights for Canterbury’s clubbers.

Over 800 people turned out for one last Bank Holiday Weekend party at the venue, which was hosted by AlphaBEATs.

Chill send off

Clubbers made sure that they turned up to Chill’s very last party early. Photo Credit – Chill Nightclub Canterbury

Meanwhile, Steinbeck & Shaw’s team have been tantalising the town’s party-goers with regular updates about the new bar, which is set to launch on Friday September 18th.

Their official Facebook page has over 1,600 likes already, and they have revealed that Marvin Humes of ex-JLS fame will be kicking off their debut night with a DJ set.

Marvin Humes Steinbeck and Shaw

The bar’s first official student event will be on Tuesday 22nd September, and will see actor Finn Jones, who plays Loras Tyrell on HBO’s Game of Thrones take to the turntables for another DJ set.

Finn Jones Steinbeck

Ian Holmes, the general manager of the bar told The Canterbury Times: “Steinbeck’s will primarily be a great place to party, with 21 pre-bookable booths, tables and private areas.”

He also added that this £150,000 revamp of Chill nightclub will provide “outstanding levels of customer service will be provided by our talented team of hosts and hostesses, guaranteeing a fun and memorable night out.”

The new outfit are seeking applications for bar, floor & toilet staff, as well as hosts/hostesses too. Send an email to ian.holmes@delticgroup.co.uk with your CV attached if you’re looking for a part-time job there, or alternatively you can ring the venue on 01227 761276 or visit steinbeckandshaw.co.uk for more information.