‘Killer clowns’ have been spotted in Liverpool

The fear filled phenomena that swept the US is on Liverpool’s streets

‘Killer clowns’ have been spotted in Liverpool.

In Liverpool City Centre, there were sightings of a clown in a white van. There has since also been a sighting of a clown peering over the L1 steps, watching people on a night out at Bierkeller.

Angelina Cliff saw the lurking menace. She said: “We were all drunk so it wasn’t too scary, I would have died if I was out on my own though! He just kind of stood on the steps and watched us for a while.”

Chief Superintendent Peter Costello said: “Merseyside Police wants to make it perfectly clear that behaviour of this type will not be treated as a joke or prank, doing this to a stranger may cause alarm or distress and could constitute a criminal offence such as harassment.

“We will not tolerate any kind of anti-social or criminal behaviour directed at any members of our communities.”

This is part of a new trend that has spread from the US is said to have reached not only Liverpool, but all over the UK.

Dressing up as one of the pranksters could now be a criminal offence. While some simply stand, intent on scaring their victims, others are taking a more malicious approach. Clowns have been sighted with weapons in hand, while others begin to chase their victim. They could be arrested for harassment.

Hopefully, this is one crazy fad that will die out fast.