John Moores have dropped six places in the Complete Uni rankings

We still beat Liverpool Hope though

#JMU #Liverpool #John #Moores #ranking #student #complaints

Liverpool John Moores has come up short in yet another university ranking.

In this year’s Complete University Guide, John Moores came in 74th place.

Unfortunately we’ve fallen below Edge Hill, who are now 71st.

The Complete Uni Guide ranked universities across the country over nine different categories. This included student satisfaction, research quality, entry standards and graduate prospects.

We already know that our student satisfaction isn’t all that high since JMU came 93rd out of 120 last week in a survey done by Whatuni.
Its not all bad though, The Complete Uni Guide also ranked universities on the amount of unresolved complaints from students.
JMU came 44th, 90 places ahead of Uni of Liverpool who were one of the worst in the country.
The study showed that we had 2.1 unresolved complaints per 1, 000 students, whereas the University of Liverpool had 19. We also had a lot less unresolved complaints than Hope University, who came 102nd out of 137 universities.

Dr Bernard Kingston, principal author of TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk, said: “It is a sad fact of life that disputes sometimes arise between students and the universities they have chosen to attend.

“Students need to know that their complaints are handled effectively and sympathetically. The data we have compiled shows clearly the relative success of institutions in resolving disputes before they escalate to the OIA or peter out.”