Vote: What’s the worst night out in Liverpool?

If potent body odour is your idea of a good night out, Fusion is the place for you

Liverpool is a city renowned for its nightlife, yet we still have our fair share of naff clubs. Sooner or later the novelty of Concert Square starts to fade and you can’t help but wonder what attracted you to those places in the first place. But which is the worst club in Liverpool?

Medication

Once second year hits, you begin to question whether the £6 entry fee to Medication on a Friday night was ever worth it. Yes, it’s moved location to the Arts Club now but little else has changed. There’s the endless queue that sobers you up before you even get inside, the vodka Red Bulls that seem to constantly fly through the air and the crowds of sweaty freshers grinding their teeth and bodies to that dodgy Justin Bieber remix in the pop room.  Med claims to be the best student night in Liverpool but we are not convinced. Everyone does seem to pull though.

Baa Bar, Concert Square

The bar/club that everyone claims to hate. Not only does it boast a flashing neon wall but it also plays host to DJ Matt Hibbert on a Thursday night, who has a liking for cheesy Clubland bangers. On a Saturday night this place is rammed with the locals meaning you will not be disappointed by the antics put on show. Serious club necking and smoky potion shots, Baa Bar is the life and soul of Liverpool no matter how much you claim to hate it.

Level

Medication’s greatest rival is Level, a fairly recent addition to Liverpool’s thriving nightlife. Level is the first club of choice for LJMU’s sport teams who take over the booths on a Wednesday night and pass judgment at people who don’t play their sport. Split over three huge floors, Level plays a variety of house, urban and pop, meaning it is the epitome of your typical student night. Whether this is a good thing or not, we will let you decide. One redeeming quality of Level is the two-way glass in the toilets that enables you to look down at the dance floor as you urinate. And the smoking area is pretty cool too.

Bumper

LJMU students love dirty antics at Bumper on a Tuesday and who can blame them? Once the cheap drinks are flowing and the ketty beats are blaring everyone seems to be having a good time. The only thing that lets this place down is the smoking area, which is reminiscent of a battery chicken farm.

Popworld

Popular with Liverpool’s Irish population and those who were tricked into thinking Carnage would be a good night out, Popworld was recently named as the worst club in the UK and it’s difficult to dispute this claim.

They kept playing Anaconda

Envi/Omnia/Fusion

This club has changed its name more times than P Diddy, but little else has. If sticky dance floors and potent body odour till 6am is your idea of a good night out, Fusion is the place for you. There’s a reason why this is usually the last port of call on a night out and that’s because it’s a place to gurn and then it’s time to go home.

Garlands

Oh Garlands, what happened? You used to be so good but things haven’t been the same since the drugs raid. We wish you would stop inviting C-listers to your nights and just open up the ball pit again.

Soho, Concert Square

You can be forgiven for ever thinking this was a good night. Soho boasts an open bar and smoking area with Middle Eastern men selling shishas meaning there is a nostalgic family-holiday-to-Turkey-feel, but other than that there is very little else on offer here. We’ll leave Soho to the stag parties and hen dos.